Have you always wanted to go backpacking but not sure where to start?
Now’s your chance, join the Wilderness Basics Course (WBC). It’s the perfect way to learn how to backpack! This is a 10-week course, with class lectures every Tuesday night as well as 4 overnight trips, guided by experienced Sierra Club Chapter Outings Leaders.
Outings Photos Video
For a great introduction to what WBC weekend outings are like, check out our YouTube video from previous years photos.
North County Group Blog
- Esco Environmental Justice Open Houses, August 7 and 11
The city of Escondido is creating its first-ever Environmental Justice Element for its General Plan. [...]
- Support Preserve Wild Poway
Preserve Wild Poway (PWP) has recently formed as a response to the continued degradation of Poway’ [...]
- Message to LAFCO: No fast-track for Harvest Hills
Monday, the Local Area Formation Commission (LAFCO) will consider a ‘special study’ status for H [...]
- Esco Housing Coalition request revisions to Esco Housing Element
Sierra Club NCG is a member of the Escondido Community Housing Coalition (ECHC). ECHC filed the fo [...]
- Important San Marcos General Plan meeting May 19 at 6 PM
San Marcos is going through the important process to update its General Plan. The next General Pla [...]