Have you always wanted to go backpacking but not sure where to start?
Now’s your chance, join the Wilderness Basics Course (WBC). It’s the perfect way to learn how to backpack! This is a 10-week course, with class lectures every Tuesday night as well as 4 overnight trips, guided by experienced Sierra Club Chapter Outings Leaders.
Outings Photos Video
For a great introduction to what WBC weekend outings are like, check out our YouTube video from previous years photos.
North County Group Blog
- Please OPPOSE condemnation of land in Felicita Park for Oak Creek developer benefit Item 11
Today, the Escondido City Council (Item 11) will be considering an euphemistically named “Resoluti [...]
- North County MSCP Public Workshops Nov 30, Dec 6th PLEASE attend
There are two important opportunities to learn about and support the NC MSCP. This is a HUGE prior [...]
- VICTORY! San Marcos to join the Climate Energy Alliance
We are happy to report San Marcos is the most recent city to join community energy! Thank you to M [...]
- Draft Decarbonization Plan out for Public Review. Great opportunity to create the future we need!
PUBLIC NOTICE Draft Regional Decarbonization Framework Available for Review Public Comment Period: N [...]
- VICTORY: Escondido Unanimously Adopts a Clean Energy Future
Great news from Escondido city hall! Last night, the Escondido City Council voted unanimously to j [...]