How to Register
What to Expect Next
- The course runs for 11 weeks starting in January. Check the lecture and outings schedule to block out your calendar now.
- We recommend holding off on buying gear until you’ve listened to the lecture that covers the specific equipment.
- More info will come your way by email the weeks before the start of the course.
Connect with Us!
- The North County WBC is run by volunteers of the Sierra Club North County Group – join us by becoming a Sierra Club member!
- Follow us on social media! Find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter – follow: #wbcnc2019
- Connect with leaders and past/future students on any of the conditioning hikes listed on the Sierra Club San Diego Outings Calendar. Look for “Pre-WBC” or “WBC Conditioning” for these specific meet-and-greet hikes.
Note: The Sierra Club uses a coded rating system to indicate the difficulty of an outing, learn more here. Most of the hikes listed are open to the public – read the outing description for more information.
Students who were not able to complete all course requirements can complete the course the following year without paying the course fee. Read more about Second Year Completion >